Fashion is a form of self-expression and autonomy at a particular period and place and in a specific context, of clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, makeup, hairstyle, and body posture. The term implies a look defined by the fashion industry as that which is trending. Are you interested in fashion and design and want to test your general knowledge about fashion? Here are ten general knowledge questions related to fashion.
- Which decade was especially associated with miniskirts?
- What are the ‘Big Four’ fashion capitals of the 21st century?
Answer: Milan, London, Paris and New York
- How many times a year does the New York Fashion Week take place?
Answer: 2 times
- The draped fashion during the 1930s was inspired by which culture?
Answer: Ancient Greek
- Which contemporary term is used to describe inexpensive designs that quickly move from the catwalks to stores to meet temporary trends?
Answer: Fast Fashion
- The word ‘’suit’’ is derived from which language?
- Which type of stitch is often used in smoking, a popular kind of decoration on clothing for young children?
Answer: Honeycomb stitch
- What type of product is Calico?
- What is the name of the decorative embroidery in which thread of gold and silver is used?
- What does D&G stand for?
Answer: Dolce & Gabbana