We are here with yet another exciting quiz but this time for engineering students. It’s always considered fun to take online short quizzes to enhance your knowledge and have a good time while using your phone.
Listing a few questions in this piece of article to keep you engaged for some time.
- What type of steel has carbon as its principle hardening agent?
Answer: Carbon steel
- Name the world-famous electrical engineer, whose surname was that of an Irish river, who is generally credited with founding the science of information theory.
Answer: Claude Shannon
- A capacitor stores energy. Is the energy stored in the Electric field, the Magnetic field or both?
Answer: Electric Field
- Two balls of equal mass and of perfectly elastic material are lying on the floor. One of the balls with velocity v is made to strike the second ball. Both the balls after impact will move with which velocity?
- If atomic masses of Al and O are 26.98 amu and 16.00 amu respectively, how many grams of Al are there in 431g of Al2O3?
Answer: 228 g
- What does the symbol “pH” stand for?
Answer: The power of hydrogen-ion
- Who proposed pH scale in 1909?
Answer: Soren Sorensen
- Which component alone in the engine generates as much power as a Formula 1 racing car?
Answer: A turbine blade
- How fast can jet engines propel a plane weighing 350 tons?
Answer: 600 mph
- Quantities which posses’ magnitude are known as?
Answer: Scalar quantities
- What type of steel has 0.8% carbon and 100% pearlite?
- What is a large molecule with two alternating mers is known as?
Answer: Copolymer or inter-polymer
- Which device is used for measuring the velocity of a bullet?
Answer: Ballistic pendulum
- What is the mixing of gases due to molecular motion called?
- What is concurrent force system?
Answer: All forces act at the same point
- What is the force of attraction on a body?
- What do we call fluids at rest?
- What is the most abundant metal in nature?
- What is the chief ore of titanium?
- What acid is used in glass itching?
Answer: Hydrofluoric acid (HF)