Here we are with twenty general knowledge questions on journalism to enhance your learning skills. Read on!
1. What is journalism?
Answer: An activity or profession of writing for magazines or newspapers or broadcasting news on television or radio
2. What is photojournalism?
Answer: The art or practice of communicating news through photographs
3. If a sentence is written in SUBJECT-VERB-OBJECT style, what should it be called?
4. The style of journalistic writing allows you to include the least important details at the bottom of the article. What is it?
Answer: Inverted Pyramid
5. In journalism, what is that one thing the writer needs to avoid?
Answer: Long, complicated sentences and paragraphs
6. What does proximity refer to?
Answer: Something close by or near
7. What is a by-line?
Answer: Name of a person who wrote the article
8. A reporter who follows one particular genre would be covering?
9. What is another word for a photo caption that journalists use?
10. Which is the most important aspect of being a good reporter?
Answer: Making accuracy your goal
11. What type of opinion article is written as a newspaper staff?
12. What describes a reporter injecting his or her opinion into an article?
13. The inverted pyramid works best for what stories?
Answer: News stories
14. What is a construct?
Answer: It is an abstract statement
15. What is broadcast journalism?
Answer: A television or radio program or a transmission
16. What is the definition of censorship?
Answer: Restrictions imposed from outside the newsroom
17. What doesn’t characterize Yellow Journalism?
Answer: Fair and balanced reporting
18. An article about record breaking heat is considered with what?
19. What are the characteristics of journalistic writing?
Answer: Shorter paragraphs, short concise paragraphs and sentences, and effective, important quotes
20. Is it True or False that If a writer is writing a review, they don’t need to interview anyone else?