The College Education Department, Government of Sindh has announced the Sindh Endowment Fund Scholarship 2019 to support needy and meritorious students of Sindh seeking education in institutes of higher education for BBA, BS(CS), BS(A&F), BS(EM), BS(SS) and MBA programs.
The areas of studies that the scholarship will potentially fund include business administration/management sciences, information technology/computer sciences, medicine (MBBS and BDS) and engineering.
The scholarship would correspond to students admitted in the fall 2019 sessions. According to details, the eligibility criteria for applying for the scholarship is as follows:
- The applicant should be domicile and permanent residence certificate of Sindh.
- Fresh applicants/Students must have secured admission in academic year 2019. The students who had obtained admission in academic year 2018 or before are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Students who already awarded scholarship may also apply for renewal along with the present result (GPA/CGPA).
- The Annual net income (from all sources) of full time Students’ Parents/guardians should not be more than Rs 1,500,000/- (Rupees fifteen lacs only). Income certificates should be certified by the concerned “Assistant Commissioner, Revenues”. Income certificate verified by any other officer will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear before a Selection Committee for interview. Selection will be based on the recommendation of Selection Committee on the criteria approved by “the Educational Endowment Fund Board of Trustees (SEEF-BOT)”.
- Students in distance learning, executive education and part time studies/courses are not eligible to apply.
- Of the total, 8. 5% seats are reserved for children of Government Primary, Secondary & Higher Secondary School Teachers.
- While 2% seats are reserved for children of employees of Sindh Secretariat.
- Moreover, 5% seats are reserved for orphans and disabled whose parents/guardian income is less than Rs 1.5 million/annum.
- The applicants applied under above-mentioned children quota should be required to submit a service certificate of his/her parent duly issued by the head of the institution / department.
Anyone wishing to apply for the scholarship should hurry up as the last date for submitting the forms is December 31, 2019. The applications are to be submitted with the relevant authorities in your institution.
Following is the scholarship seat allocation breakup with respect to institutions in Sindh.
|S#||NAME OF INSTITUTE||ALLOCATION OF SEATS|
|1||Aga Khan Medical University Karachi||5|
|2||Al-Tibri Medical College Karachi||10|
|3||Bahria University, Karachi||10(05 Medical +05 Engineering)|
|4||Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Medical University, Lyari, Karachi||5|
|5||Bibi Asifa Bhutto Dental College, Larkana||5|
|6||Chandka Medical College (CMC) Larkana||50|
|7||Dadabhoy Institute of Science & Technology||5|
|8||Dawood University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi||10|
|9||Dow Medical College (DMC) Karachi||20|
|10||Ghulam Ishaq University of Science & Technology Sawabi (NWFP)||5|
|11||Ghulam Mohammad Mehar Medical College (GMMMC) Sukkur||30|
|12||Habib University, Karachi||5|
|13||Hamdard University, Karachi||5|
|14||Indus Medical College Tando Muhammad Khan||5|
|15||Indus Valley School of Arts & Architecture, Karachi||5|
|16||Institute of Business Administration (IBA) Karachi||70|
|17||Institute of Business Administration (IBA) Sukkur||100|
|18||Institute of Business Management (IOBM) Karachi||35|
|19||Iqra University Karachi||45|
|20||ISRA University (i) BBA & MBA||40|
|ISRA University (ii) MBBS/BDS||15|
|21||Jinnah Medical & Dental College , Shaheed –e-Milat Road Karachi||5|
|22||Jinnah University for Women , Karachi||05 (02 Management Sciences +03 I.T)|
|23||Lahore University of Management Science (LUMS)||20|
|24||Liaquat Medical & Dentistry College Karachi||10|
|25||Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences (LUMHS) Jamshoro||50|
|26||Mehran University of Engineering Science & Technology (MUET) Jamshoro||50|
|27||National University of Computer & Emerging Science (FAST) Karachi||45|
|28||National University of Science & Technology (NUST) Islamabad||10|
|29||NED University Karachi||20|
|30||New Port University, Karachi||35|
|31||People’s Medical College for Girls (PMC) Nawabshah||70|
|32||Quaid-e-Awam University of Engineering & Technology (QUEST) Nawabshah||60|
|33||Quaid-e-Azam University Islamabad||10|
|34||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Shaheed Benazirabad||10|
|35||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science & Technology (SZABIST) Hyderabad||40|
|36||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science & Technology (SZABIST) Islamabad||10|
|37||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science & Technology (SZABIST) Karachi||80|
|38||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science & Technology (SZABIST) Larkana||30|
|39||Sindh Medical College (SMC) Karachi||20|
|40||Sindh University Jamshoro||50|
|41||Sindh University, Dadu Campus||50|
|42||University of Engineering & Technology Lahore (UET)||5|
|43||Ziauddin Medical University Karachi||6|